Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Train In Vein


From: Chuck Hawley
Date: February 27, 2008 1:10:11 AM CST
To: Pat Hawley

Subject: Lionel train collecting musician...

Ever hear of "The Dickies"? Punk rock band from LA. I was looking on the O Gauge forum and a guy on there is a band member. Into Lionel trains. Sounds a lot like the bands I heard on campus. Mabel's. Funny links to their web site. You end up with the Dickies clothing sites.
But any way, I kind of like "Howdy Doody in the Woodshed"...it's kind of a neat tune, some of it...the lyrics are not clear to me...probably just as well.

Did I mention that Neil Young is a part owner of Lionel? Something like 10 or 20%. He's a regular on the forum. Signs his name as NY. Just a regular guy...heh.

Love,
Dad

BMW Motorcycles, "Jack" MOA #224
Amateur Radio-KE9UW, "Chuck"
Lionel Trains-TCA #07-61087

No comments: