Friday, October 19, 2007

Ignore this post...Move along...Nothing to see here...


Don Gerard writes:

"Back when I was playing in bands and worked at Record Service I thought one of the coolest things to do was to discover some amazing little record or band nobody else knew about. It was especially neato if you actually knew the people involved.

Even when I was writing the music column for the News-Gazette I would still discover some band or little-known local or national artist.

Lately that does not happen much, but sometimes...

I got a disc in the mail a while back and it is awesome. Anybody who likes any of the following: Fiona Apple, the Beatles (esp. the "White" album), Lyle Lovett, Chris Isaak, Tori Amos, Squirrel Nut Zippers/Andrew Bird, Robbie Fulks...will find something they like on the disc.

And if folks are really cool they will like the whole thing.

However, nobody is going to buy it so it is still my cool secret.

And I can tell my friends for whom I play the disc my brother's buddy from High School (and my former landlord's son) was not only referred to as "the best musician in the world" by John Fogerty, but also plays on this album.

Not to mention the drummer/producer is also from Champaign and probably has tapes of an 11-year-old Todd Fletcher singing "The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill" (and that he used to force Teef to listen to him play drums along to REO Speedwagon records...and that I know him and he portrays a recurring character on Curb Your Enthusiam and has appeared in programs such as Heroes and Nash Bridges...)

I've said too much.

It is my "best record of the year" and nobody else has it. Nyahh."




Boy...what a dick that guy is.

No comments: